The Owasco River Railroad was incorporated in 1881 and fully built by 1917 to service the many mills that lined the Owasco outlet. The train hauled grain, flour, scrap iron, coal, and farm equipment from the mills, running along the streets of Auburn on wooden trestles. Originally controlled by the International Harvester Corp., the line was purchased around the 1930s by New York Central and the Lehigh Valley Railroad.
Status: Available | $50
Interested in adopting this object?