This photograph shows businesses on Genesee Street decorated for Old Home Week in 1906. Foster, Ross & Co., or The Big Store as it was commonly known, was Auburn’s largest department store at the time. It was opened on March 30, 1899 by James H. Foster and Charles F. Ross. It occupied 141-143 Genesee Street, where The Boyle Center stands today. Photographs such as this are invaluable resources showing how the built landscape of the city has changed over time.