Second Floor

The four main rooms at the front of the house on this floor were all bedrooms, original to the 1836 version of the house. The back room, to the north, was added on at the same time as the dining room in the 1870s. 

The north room was possibly used as a library or sitting room in Dr. Willard’s time. When Theodore Case moved in, it was used as a nursery for his four children and in 1927, it became a school room for the Logan School, an elementary school for children of wealthy families. 


There is no documentation on the stained glass pocket door, but we do know that the center panel and the outer design were made by two different artists. The door was likely used to allow passage to this room without going through the bedrooms. The small walkway leading from the hallway to this room was built out of remnants from the original Greek Revival main staircase.

Image Descriptions (clockwise): Theodore Case c. 1920, Gertrude Case c. 1918, Logan School Students